An Incomplete List of Blogging Services I’ve Tried:
Two notes – the list is incomplete because I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten some that I tried too just briefly enough to decided I didn’t like them for whatever reason. And, two, I’m using the word “blog” to mean a place where I wrote something for the public but in my own space, so Twitter is included by Instagram is not because I only use it for pictures, not really blogging.
- Blogger – I had quite a few blogs on this service over the years. I remember the first version of Left From Seattle was on Blogger, I think…
- WordPress – Left From Seattle is still on WordPress.com
- Vox – Remember Vox? I think mine was called Sad Songs on a Broken Ukulele or something.
- Twitter – Still there and I’m still there with it.
- 43 Places – I really liked the 43 network; this and 43 Things were fun places to post about goals and things you wanted to do.
- 43 Things – See above
- Goodreads – Still on Goodreads although I don’t post as much as I used to. The service keeps growing though.
- Medium – I like Medium, I just wish they wouldn’t reinvent themselves quite so often. Still there.
- Posterous – I had a small blog there called Hanmenkyoshi. Long gone.
- Tumblr – I still have my Small Plastic Toys blog although I haven’t updated in a dog’s age.
- Google Buzz – Google killed this a while back.
- Jaiku – Competitor to Twitter that Google bought and let die.
- Myspace – Man, way back before Facebook took over everything.
- Livejournal – I tried Livejournal for a while, updating in Japanese when I was first studying. Long gone.
There are more. I’ll update and add to this post when I remember some of the others, for my own archives if for no other reason, but I do hope you enjoy reading the list. Have any forgotten and abandoned blog sites of your own? Let me know.